Bucky's MicroBlogs from Twitter, Facebook

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Best Rock Drummers

Neil Peart from RUSH
My List of Rock Drummers who I have followed over the years.



  • Neil Peart from RUSH
  • John Bonham from Led Zeppelin
  • Keith Moon from The Who
  • Ginger Baker from Cream 
  • Bill Bruford from Yes
  • Ian Paice from Deep Purple (HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!)
  • Carl Palmer from ELP and AISA
  • Stewart Copeland from The Police
  • Danny Seraphine from Chicago
  • Todd Sucherman from STYX -  Not from the 70's, more like the 90's. 
  • Matt Cameron from Pearl Jam
  • Phil Collins from Genesis
  • Jeff Porcaro from TOTO
  • Ringo Starr from The Beatles
  • Mitch Mitchell from The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  • Steve Smith from Journey
  • Alex Van Halen from Van Halen
  • Bill Ward from Black Sabbath
  • Nick Mason from Pink Floyd
  • Clive Bunker from Jethro Tull
  • Mick Fleetwood,from Fleetwood Mac
  • Jack irons from Red Hot Chili Peppers - From the 90's.
  • Joey Kramer from Aerosmith
  • John Densmore from The Doors
  • Dave Abbruzzese from Pearl Jam (until 1994)


Honorable Mentions 

Max Weinberg - Bruce Springteen and the E Street Band :

  • Mike Portney from Dream Theater -  One of the Best drummers of all time, I never included him on my list because I didn't follow Dream Theater. However he's the 2nd youngest drummer to be inducted into Modern Drummer's Hall of Fame (after Neil Peart). 
  • Hal Blaine from Numerous artists including Elvis, JDenver, Carpenters, Beach Boys, and more
  • Max Weinberg from E Street Band (Bruce Springsteen's Band) and also Band Leader for Late Night with Conan O'Brian
  • Zak Starkey - son of Ringo Starr -  Watch this guy!
  • Dennis Wilson from the Beach Boys
  • Peter Criss from KISS - Actually studied under legend, Gene Krupa 


If I liked the band, I studied the drummers. 

Currently I am studying Todd Sucherman from STYX.  I've met Todd twice.  One where he was signing CD's before a STYX Concert, and another time back-stage after a STYX Concert. He wouldn't remember me. 

He's not the original drummer, since John Panozzo died in 1996.  But he's a much better drummer than John Panozzo.  I like Todd because he produces a lot of tips and videos on drum techniques on the web.  He's a fantastic drummer.  STYX is my favorite band.



No comments:

Daily Dilbert